ShuffleLog

Monday, November 13, 2006

ShuffleLog 2-Nov-06: Let's Do The Timewarp Again!

Hey, I've invented time travel. Either that, or I'm really just lazy.

Yep, lazy it is. So, here's a blast from the past.

ShuffleLog 2-Nov-06

  1. Foo Fighters, "Everlong" - The Colour and the Shape
  2. The Streets, "Same Old Thing" - Original Pirate Material
  3. The Lovemakers, "Prepare For The Fight (Josh Harris' Prepare for the Club Mix)" - Prepare For The Fight - Single
  4. Oakland Faders, "Track 35" - Fader Nation Vol. 1
  5. Imogen Heap, "Just For Now" - Perfecto Chills Vol. 3 (Disk 2)
  6. The Streets, "Empty Cans" - A Grand Don't Come For Free
  7. U2 v. WOW, "Vertigo" - SixxMixx
So, um, yeah. It's been over 10 days since I've actually done a ShuffleLog. Sadly, I'm all caught up.

But the same patterns hold true, n'est-ce pas? I knew I'd jinx myself just thinking about how long it had been since an Oakland Faders track appeared, in effect conjuring them up out of the ether. If this holds, I need to hit the track. No, the real one.

And speaking of the track, we've hit the "Prepare For The Fight" trifecta: all three versions of this song have graced the storied halls of ShuffleLog. Not bad, it only took 237 tracks. And by the way, that trifecta is 1.3% of all ShuffleLog tracks.

Scrolling through my iPod, I realized that there's still a ton of stuff on there that hasn't even come close to playing. Casual analysis does show a certain "clumpiness" to ShuffleLog faves like The Oakland Faders and CYHSY, meaning that tracks from these artists tend to clump together by date, then take a breather before re-appearing.

A chart would be super here, but Excel isn't cooperating very well with the raw data (esp. if the same artist appears on the same day). I may screw around with this more to see if I can make it more visually appealing. Because Lord knows the actual raw data has tremendous, you know, appeal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home