ShuffleLog

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

ShuffleLog 17-Oct-06: Gosh, Dosh

Maybe taking a break last Friday to mark the 1 month anniversary helped clear the baffles?

ShuffleLog 17-Oct-06
  1. Oakland Faders, "Track 06" - Fader Nation Vol. 1
  2. Gorillaz, "Kids With Guns" - Demon Days
  3. Dosh, "Building a Strange Child" - Pure Trash
  4. Dosh, "G Eye" - Pure Trash
  5. Infusion, "Daylight Hours" - Perfecto Chills Vol. 3 (Disk 1)
  6. Dosh, "I Think I'm Getting Married" - Pure Trash
Sure, a ShuffleLog without the Oakland Faders is like a day without sunshine. And Perfecto Chills Vol. 3 gets more play than Alyssa Jones (10 of 22 unique tracks, including 3 repeats).

But I don't think we've seen a ShuffleLog dominated like this: 50% of the tracks from Dosh's Pure Trash, a record that's got 12 tracks on it. Hell, Dosh only showed up two weeks ago for the first time, and only once more in the intervening days.

Hear that chirping sound? No, it's not this readerless blog. It's the 2 week absence of GU024. You hear that, Fader Nation Vol. 1?

Oh, and for all (2) of you who were wondering, I've confirmed that Smart Shuffle is set to Random, v. More Likely or Less Likely. So, there, you can get on with your lives.

7 Comments:

  • I was feeling like you needed a readership over here.

    Your music...it makes me feel so old. I know like one or two of the bands. Where have I been? One look at my iPod and it's quite clear--stuck in the 80's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

  • Set that sucker on Shuffle Songs for 30 minutes and send me the log. We'll let our one other reader decide who's stuck in the 80s.

    By Blogger Clarence Rosario, at 11:18 AM  

  • You're on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • Okay, I am thoroughly appalled in my music. Why is it that during this experiment a whole bunch of my old guilty pleasures reared their ugly heads? I hope you'll understand that my taste in music is this bad. I swear I do like band with members that were born in the 70's.

    So here's the list...


    11:25 a.m. 10/18/06

    Mothers Of The Disappeared U2

    Refugee Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

    All You Zombies Hooters

    Don’t Let The Sun Go
    Down on Me* Elton John

    So Far Away * Carole King

    You Can’t Always Get
    What You Want* The Rolling Stones

    Desire U2

    Do Nothing Till You
    Hear From Me Duke Ellington

    Long Day Matchbox Twenty

    The Power of Love* Huey Lewis & The News (I like HL&TH, but I honestly thought I deleted this song—not a favorite)

    She Gives Me A Bang New Edition

    Pressure Drop The Specials

    Talk Talk Talk Talk

    Another One Bites The Dust Queen

    11:55 a.m.

    *For the record I didn’t want to listen to these songs, so I just forwarded through them.

    Be kind!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 PM  

  • Oops. That was supposed to say that my taste in music ISN'T that bad. A true freudian slip I guess.

    My current problem is that I listen to NPR all day long and in the car. Where's a girl to hear new music?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM  

  • Oh, man, I'm gonna have a field day with this one! Stay tuned...;-)

    By Blogger Clarence Rosario, at 12:13 PM  

  • OK, you're on.

    By Blogger Clarence Rosario, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home