ShuffleLog

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ShuffleLog 27-Sept-06: Howdy, Y'all!

A Special Edition ShuffleLog! Greetings from -- wait for it -- Amarillo, TX.

[cue sound of whatever sound a tumbleweed makes]

I opted not to Shuffle Songs for the flights to Dallas and Amarillo, and not for any scientific clean-room reasons (it's longer than my typical commute, will poison the sample, blah blah blah). Mostly because a) I was a little bored with Shuffle Songs, b) it can be a little distracting while reading, and unlike the business traveler cliche, I love using air travel to catch up on reading, not work, and c) I wanted to get familiar with Massive Attack's 100th Window before I see them in two weeks.

However, after eating a 16oz. bone-in ribeye at a surprisingly good BL Bistro in Amarillo the night we arrived, I decided that a run was in order. The hotel's "fitness center" (read: Nautilus machine and 3 treadmills) was being "remodeled" (read: repainted), so I resorted to braving the streets of Amarillo at 7:30 in the morning.

A 35 minute run was a decent approximation of my typical commute time as well, affording this Junior Einstein Chemistry Set experiment a notion of continuity.

ShuffleLog 27-Sept-06
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, "Blue Turning Grey" - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
  • Starkid, "Crayons" - GU024: Reykjavik
  • Massive Attack, "Safe From Harm (Perfecto Mix)" - Perfecto Chills Vol. 3 (Disk 1)
  • Freek & Mac Zimms, "Submission" - GU003: Prague
  • Oakland Faders, "Track 15" - Fader Nation Vol. 1
  • Oakland Faders, "Track 03" - Fader Nation Vol. 1
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Promise" - Howl
  • The Bravery, "Rites of Spring" - The Bravery
  • Oakland Faders, "Track 19" - Fader Nation Vol.
Whoa. Is my iPod trying to keep me comfortable and safe in the wilds of Amarillo? Geez, yet another CYHSY song? Predictably accompanied by GU:024 and Perfecto Chills? And the most significant show of force from the Oakland Faders? On my run, I was actually exasperated by this. This, my only solace in the middle of friggin' Amarillo, Texas! Only The Bravery stands out, if nothing more than its first entree into the ShuffleLog.

More analysis and compilation to come, if nothing more than to soothe my soul. We never did get to the Cadillac Ranch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home